What data is hiding in old printers?
It's not widely known that many printers have hard drives similar to those found in computers. These hard disks contain images of what has been recently printed, which could include sensitive data about your company, employees or clients.
Disposal and recycling firms are supposed to remove or destroy this data. However, many just turn around and sell the printers without throughly erasing the hard drives. This is a recipe for a security and identity theft disaster.
What secure recycling services does PCD offer?
PC Disposal specializes in the secure retirement of all types of printers. We offer the following services.
- We protect you from liability by taking title to equipment.
- Our nationwide service means we can pick up your equipment from anywhere in the United States.
- Hard drives on digital printers are destroyed or data is wiped using DOD approved methods.
- Printers recycled according to state and federal environmental laws. E-waste is never shipped overseas.
- Receive a certified report detailing, by serial number, the computer and printer disposal services performed.
- 100% HIPAA, HITECH, Gramm-Leach-Bliley and EPA compliant.
- Services backed by our $1,000,000 data removal guarantee.
- PCD is a NAID certified recycler.
Do you recycle other electronics?
Yes! We recycle nearly all business electronics, including computers, monitors, printers, copiers and IT equipment. We also recycle consumer electronics, including smartphones, cameras and even stereo equipment. View list of what we recycle at our consumer electronics recycling store.
Who is PCD?
PC Disposal is part of a family of technology businesses started in 1989. Kory Bostwick founded PC Disposal in 1998 because he was concerned that there were few environmentally-friendly options for companies who wanted to dispose of the toxic glut of obsolete computers that were filling offices – and ultimately – landfills.
With this idea in mind, PC Disposal has grown into one of the largest computer disposal firms in the industry. We've now expanded to provide recycling services for all types of electronic waste. In addition to home consumers, our clients include companies of all sizes throughout the United States and Canada, and many of our clients are Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies.